During the holidays, with the hustle and bustle, activities, and excitement, you are bound to have a few accidents besmirch your carpet. DM Carpet Cleaning has compiled a list of commonly served beverages that can easily be spilled on your carpet and the most optimal way you can remove it.
How to Get Coffee Stains Out of Carpet
– Start by placing plain white paper towels onto the stain and blot. Work on the outer edges, towards the center to work out your stain and contain the soiled area.
– Dilute the coffee stain with the use of a spray bottle or sponge, and apply warm water onto the stain, but do not over saturate.
– Allowing the water to dilute the coffee stain gives you ample time to prepare your solution. Mix together 1/4 tsp of mild liquid dish soap with a liter of warm water.
– Blot up the moisture with white paper towels.
– Generously apply the solution to a white, clean cloth, or paper towel and place the treated towel onto the stain. Using a spoon or blunt surfaced object, gently press the cloth onto the stain.
– Rinse out the cleaning solution using the same method as diluting the coffee.
– Blot away all remaining moisture.
– Towel dry.
How to Remove Hot Chocolate & Cocoa Powder Out of Carpet
– Blot the excess beverage with white paper towels.
– In a squirt bottle, bucket or bowl, combine 1 Tbsp dish soap liquid, with 2 cups warm water and mix well.
– Apply the mixture on to the stain. Do not over saturate.
– Blot until all liquid is thoroughly sopped up.
– Towel dry and vacuum the area.
How to Remove Red Wine Stains from Carpet
– Blot the spill immediately with paper towels; blot from the exterior and continue towards the center, and continue to blot the liquid until the moisture discontinues blotting.
– Sprinkle approximately 2 ounces of cool water and blot again.
– In a spray bottle or bucket, combine 1 Tbsp liquid dish soap, 1 Tbsp white vinegar, and 2 cups of warm water. Mix well.
– Apply the mixture on a clean cloth and begin dabbing at the remaining stain. Once the cloth has been consumed by moisture, get a new one. Do not over saturate the carpet.
– Rinse the area with cool water and blot dry with a clean, dry cloth.
– Towel dry and vacuum the area once it has been completely dried.
How to Remove Eggnog Spills from Carpet
– With a spoon remove the bulk and remove excess moisture with paper towels or a clean cloth.
– Combined ¼ tsp liquid dish soap in 2 cups warm water in your choice of container.
– Rinse out the stain with warm water; be sure to blot up moisture in between to avoid over-saturating the carpet.
– Sparingly spray your mixture to the area and gently pat and blot up the stain.
– If a residue is left behind, use a vinegar solution of 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups warm water, and gently work the solution thoroughly.
– Rinse well with warm water.
– Blot up all remaining moisture with a cloth or paper towels.
– Once it is completely dry, vacuum.
How to Remove Cider from Carpet
– With paper towels or a dry cloth, blot away the beverage.
– Combine 1 Tbsp ammonia and 2 cups of warm water in a squirt bottle or bucket.
– Sponge on the solution onto the blemished surface or sparingly spray the solution on the area with a clean cloth.
– Gently work out the cider in circular patterns in addition to blotting, working the stain from the outside in.
– With warm water rinse the area thoroughly.
– Towel-dry the remaining liquid and vacuum the area.
General Carpet Stain Removal Tips
**NOTES**. Use plain white cloths or paper towels as dye or print can transfer to your carpet. Whether you decide to use our homemade remedies or use a commercial ready-made product, always conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous area to ensure it does not compromise the integrity of your carpet or ruin the color. Use plain white cloths or paper towels as dye or print can transfer to your carpet. Never use hot water; it can set stains into your carpet.