Carpets are susceptible to all sorts of stains. As a result, many homeowners have standing by specific carpet cleaners or remedies they refer to. Unfortunately, few know how to tackle candle wax, which is a common substance that can stain the carpets. Candle wax is actually a lot easier than you may think to get out of your carpet, despite the helplessness that you may feel. In order to remove candle wax from the carpets, we at DM Carpet Cleaning would like to discuss a couple of quick options.
What is the Easiest Way to Remove Candle Wax?
1) Remove the wax fragments by scraping it off with a dull edged tool (butter knife, spatula, etc). Patiently, clear off the wax from the fibers.
2) Place sealed bag of ice cubes over the top of the affected area for 5 or so minutes.
3) With the use of your dull edge knife, remove the residual wax that chilled with the ice cubes.
4) With help of the upholstery attachment of a household vacuum, any wax noticed should be vacuumed up.
5) Should there be any colored candle that leaves behind a dyed stain, pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto a clean white cloth. Until it is removed, blot the treated cloth on the stain. To blot out any residual alcohol, follow up with a damp, clean cloth.
6) Dry the area as well as you can with a clean, white towel.
Can You Dissolve Candle Wax with Ice?
1) For a more effective removal, immediate action is critical. In order to remove from carpets, the longer any stain lingers, including wax, the tougher it becomes.
2) Seal a bag of ice cubes and let ice sit long enough to freeze the wax.
3) After you removed the bag of ice off the now frozen wax, begin to scrape the wax off the carpet with a dull edged tool. For easy disposal, scrape the fragments onto a paper towel helps.
4) Once all of the chunks are removed, lay either a brown paper bag or a clean cloth directly over the affected area of your carpet.
5) On top of the paper bag or cloth, slowly press a warm iron, the material will start to absorb the wax and lift it off the carpet. From the carpet, you may have to adjust the material to clean corners as the wax is pulled. Until all of the residue is removed, repeat as necessary.
6) Use a commercial carpet cleaning to remove the residual stains should any coloration from the wax remains.
Steam Carpet Cleaning & More Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
When you need candle wax removed, either of these methods are usually effective. Call in the experts of DM Carpet Cleaning and let our certified professionals remove the wax and any residues that tarnish your carpet if you run into any difficulties. To ensure the stains and spots are efficiently removed, we are sure to use effective methods and products. We can get the deep-rooted dirt and filth removed to reveal beautifully cleaned and spotless carpets that are fresh, and vivid once again in addition to removing stains. Call DM Carpet Cleaning today!