Fall is definitely in the air and with the promise of cooler temperatures also comes the excitement of the holiday season. With all the preparation needed to get ready for trick-or-treaters, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, the last thing you have on your mind is taking care of the your carpets but according to the experts at DM Carpet Cleaning, now is the perfect time to arrange for a professional carpet cleaning service to clean and refresh your carpets before the holidays commence. Think of it this way, you and your family will be spending more time at home whether you are taking some time off with the kids during fall break or to prepare for the arrival of extended family for a Thanksgiving feast or a Christmas dinner. You will want your home spic and span and sparkling for all the events that you have planned. But why clean your carpets and rugs before the holidays? Because soil is abrasive and when left to its own devices it can do irreparable damage to your carpet fibers. With the imminent arrive of family think of all the additional foot traffic walking on your carpet and rugs pushing the accumulation of dirt and debris already trapped in the carpet fibers even deeper.
How to Keep Your Carpets Clean After Professional Carpet Cleaning
• Don’t forget to vacuum before your holiday gatherings: Vacuuming before your guests arrive to remove surface dirt will ensure that any spills that accumulate with your holiday guests can be cleaned up and removed easily.
• Place a door draft stopper under each door: The leaves turning on the trees and falling may be a pretty sight to watch but not so wonderful when they are being tracked inside your home and crushed into your carpets.
• Ask your guests to remove their shoes: Shoes can wreak havoc on your rugs and carpets especially when it rains. Dirt, debris and water can be tracked in resulting in stains and other forms of carpet damage.
• Plan your menu: With so many food choices available, carefully consider younger guests running around and the possibility of an accident spill. Plan your party with food selections that are not only easy to eat but can also be easily picked up and discarded should they end up on your carpets rather than where they were intended – the mouths of your guests.
• Place rugs in high traffic areas such as entry ways and hallways: Protect your carpets from becoming worn or stained with inexpensive rugs which can be removed after your guests have departed for the evening.
• Clean up spills immediately: The longer you wait to treat a spill, the higher the risk of permanent stains. Carefully scrape and remove any solids before using a clean white cloth to blot and absorb any liquids. Repeat using clean water until you have removed as much of the stain as possible. Never rub the stain, doing so can cause damage to the carpet fibers and cause the stain to spread.
• Vacuum immediately after your holiday gathering: The sooner you sweep your kitchen floor and vacuum your rugs and carpets the less likely it is that crumbs and other debris will have a chance to settle into the carpet causing bacteria and unpleasant odors.