There are many stains that develop on carpeting. All having their own carpet cleaner or remedy standing by. Candle wax is a common substance that can stain the carpets, but few know how to tackle it. Though it may seem initially hopeless, candle wax is actually a lot easier than you may think to get out of your carpet. Today, we at DM Carpet Cleaning would like to share a couple of quick guides to remove candle wax from the carpets.
Method #1 – How to Remove Candle Wax from Carpet with Ice & Iron
1) Immediate action is essential for a more effective removal. The longer any stain lingers, including wax, the tougher it becomes to remove from carpets.
2) Fill a sandwich bag with ice.
3) Let the ice sit long enough to freeze the wax.
4) Using a dull knife, begin to scrape the wax off the carpet after you removed the bag of ice off the now frozen wax. Scraping the fragments onto a paper towel helps for easy disposal.
5) Directly over the affected area of your carpet lay either a brown paper bag or a clean cloth, after all of the chunks are removed.
6) Slowly press a warm iron on top of the paper bag or cloth, the material will start to absorb the wax and lift it off the carpet. You may have to adjust the material to clean corners as the wax is pulled from the carpet. Repeat until all of the residue is removed.
7) If any coloration from the wax remains, use a commercial carpet cleaning to remove the residual stains.
Method #2 – How to Get Colored Candle Wax Out of Carpet with Ice & Rubbing Alcohol
1) Using a dull table knife, scrape off the wax fragments. The wax should gradually come out of the fibers
2) Fill a plastic baggie with ice cubes and place the sealed bag over the top of the affected area for 5 or so minutes.
3) Remove any additional waxy residue that may have frozen with the use of your dull edge knife.
4) Vacuum up any wax you see with help of the upholstery attachment of a household vacuum.
5) Pour a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto a clean white cloth, should there be any colored candle that leaves behind a color stain. Blot the treated cloth on the stain until it is removed. Follow up with a damp, clean cloth to blot out any residual alcohol.
6) Use a clean, white towel to dry the area as well as you can.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain Removal Services & More in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
This should be effective to remove the candle wax. If you run into any difficulties, call in the experts of DM Carpet Cleaning and let our certified professionals remove the wax and any residues that tarnish your carpet. We use effective methods and products to ensure that the stains and spots are efficiently removed. In addition to removing the stains, we can get the deep-rooted dirt and filth removed to reveal beautifully cleaned and spotless carpets that are fresh, and vivid once again. Contact DM Carpet Cleaning and let our professionals get your carpets cleaned and stain free.