A major part of the holidays are the traditions, such as crafting, baking, and keeping the kids busy with artsy ideas. With clumsy fingers and the excitement of the holiday activities, there is bound to be a few spills. Today, we at D & M Carpet Cleaning would like to share a few common holiday carpet spots and how to remove them.
General Stain Removal Techniques
Note: Perform your patch test of any carpet cleaning aid you use, whether it is a store brought solution or a homemade remedy, in an inconspicuous area prior to treating the stain. To prevent the stain from setting into the carpets, do not use hot water. Keep any spots contained by only blotting and starting from the outer rims and working to the center. To make certain the dyes or prints do not transfer to the carpets, only use white paper towels, cloths, and towels. To avoid water damage and mold from taking root, do not oversaturate the area.
How to Remove Glitter Glue from Carpet
1) Scoop up the bulk of the glitter glue with a spoon and wipe it off onto a paper towel.
2) Working the exterior toward the interior of the stain, use a damp cloth to blot the glitter glue residue.
3) Gently work the remaining stain out by moderately applying alcohol onto a sponge if there is any remains.
4) To prevent oversaturation, rinse with cool water and a cloth.
5) With a dry towel, pat the area down with forceful pressure.
How to Get Washable Paint Out of Carpet
1) Spoon the abundancy of the washable paint from the surface.
2) Blot away the remaining moisture with a paper towel. Don’t us too much pressure, and pat the stain from the outside, in.
3) If the paint has dried, use a dull edge to scrape the chunks off.
4) Mix 1 cup warm water and 1/2 tsp dish soap in a squirt bottle.
5) Without oversaturating, generously apply the solution to the surface and with a clean, damp cloth, gently work out the stain.
6) Continue to repeat the steps until washable paint is removed.
7) Carefully walk along the area to lift up detergents and remaining stain with a clean towel on top of the surface.
8) Be sure to blot thoroughly after rinsing the area with cool water in a spray bottle, or water-dampen cloth.
9) Should the stains discolor with a brownish color, mix 2-parts water with 1-part white vinegar. Apply the treatment with solution-treated cloth, blot with dry cloth in between application to avoid oversaturation.
How to Clean Cookie Frosting from Carpet
1) Scrape away the surface chunks with s butter knife or spoon. Scraping the surface icing keep it from smearing. Wipe it off on a paper towel as you go.
2) Blend 1-part cold water 1-part white vinegar in a squirt bottle.
3) Gently blot up the stain, apply the solution onto a clean cloth or sponge sparingly.
4) Using paper towels, blot remaining residues
5) Repeat as necessary.
6) Use a clean towel to pull up as much moisture as possible and let the areas dry thoroughly.
Carpet Cleaning & More in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
These and other such stains can be difficult to remove. Call D & M Carpet Cleaning when combating a stubborn stain and our specialists will get it removed and your carpet clean again!