Christmas and other end-of-the-year holidays can bring a lot of visitors to your doorstep. Some may be just dropping by briefly and others might be staying a few nights in your home. This is the time of year where people are busying themselves with extra shopping, prepping guest rooms, perfecting the menu, and carrying out new and old holiday traditions. To contribute to refreshing your home, even if the carpets are otherwise spotless, the carpets can make a big impact on our overall presentation. With this in mind, we at DM Carpet Cleaning would like to share some tips on how you can refresh your carpets to contribute to your goals.
Option 1 – Baking Soda with Lavender Essential Oil Carpet Deodorizer
1) With approximately 30 drops of lavender, or your preferred scent, essential oil add approximately ½ cup of baking soda.
2) Find a vented container, like a mason jar with slotted or manually punctured holes in the lid for example and pour your mixture inside. A parmesan cheese or spices container can be just as effective.
3) For at least 24 hours, allow the mixture to do its work. Following the 24 hours, sprinkle the baking soda on the carpet’s surface and leave it for about 30 minutes.
4) Thoroughly and slowly vacuum the carpets methodically by overlapping the lanes across the length and width of the carpet. The baking soda will neutralize the odors in the air during the ventilation period and then on the carpets as well as the lavender oil keeping the carpets fresher for longer.
Option 2 – Vinegar on Carpet to Remove Odors
1) Fill an empty spray bottle with white distilled vinegar.
2) The strong scent only lasts until the vinegar is dried for those that find the initial application of vinegar unattractive. The vinegar dissolves most germs and bacteria as it dries, which will often to eliminate the source of any odors.
3) You can repeat the steps should any smells persist, just be cautious as you do not want to over saturate.
Add Daily Freshness to Carpets
1) Essential Oils in a Diffuser. With the added benefit of making you home smell amazing, there are many who already turn to the natural, healthy remedy effects of essential oils.
2) Boil Citrus Peeling. A lot of odors can emit from the garbage, giving the nature of the appliance, and boiling and/or running the citrus peels in the garbage disposal can help combat those odors.
3) To remove the debris, dirt, and odor-causing particulates, be sure to vacuum daily or at least frequently.
Professional Carpet Cleaning
Neutralizing any odd smells, clear any spots and stains, and to extract any filth that is concealing the vibrancy of your carpets, ultimately, professional carpet cleaning is the answer. Professional carpet cleaning can dramatically improve the freshness of your carpets and make them a welcoming feature.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
Not only can DM Carpet Cleaning help you with professional carpet cleaning, but our experts can offer more to help you combat odors with other methods. Call us today to learn more and schedule your carpet cleaning service.