With the New Year, many people are looking for a clean slate and a chance to start over. Where the carpets took a beating throughout the holiday rush, chaos, foot traffic, and the baking, cooking, and other activities, there is a good chance the carpets, at the very least, have developed stains and odors. Today, we at DM Carpet Cleaning would like to share a few ideas to refresh the carpets to help you embark on the New Year.
Option 1 – Simple Vinegar to Neutralize Odors in Carpet
1) For convenience, fill a clean, empty spray bottle with white, distilled vinegar.
2) Though the initial scent is strong, the smell of vinegar dissipates as it dries. To eliminate the source of any odors that can be produced by most germs and bacteria, the vinegar eliminates the odors and the unattractive smell will leave behind freshness.
3) Be cautious as you do not want to oversaturate, you can repeat the steps should any smells persist.
Option 2 – Baking Soda / Lavender Essential Oil Carpet Odor Treatment
1) Using about a ½ cup of baking soda, add approximately 30 drops of lavender, or your preferred essential oil, to the baking soda.
2) You need a vented container, such as a parmesan cheese or spices container or a mason jar with slotted or manually punctured holes in the lid to effectively allow the baking soda to absorb the odor molecules.
3) Allow at least 24 hours, to let the mixture work. Once the 24 hours pass, sprinkle the baking soda, with or without the essential oil drops, on the carpet’s surface and let it set for 30 minutes.
4) Vacuum slowly and methodically by overlapping the lanes across the length and width of the carpet to ensure they carpet is thorough vacuumed. During the ventilation period, the baking soda will neutralize the odor molecules in the air. The lavender oil keeping the carpets fresher for longer, allows extra freshness for the carpets.
Add Daily Freshness to Carpets
1) Essential Oils Diffuser. There are many people who already turn to the natural, healthy remedy effects of essential oils and they have the added benefit of making your home smell amazing.
2) Citrus Peeling Boils. To help combat those odors, a lot of odors can emit from the garbage, giving the nature of the appliance, and boiling and/or running the citrus peels in the garbage disposal can eliminate a lot of odors that buildup in that garbage disposal.
3) Vacuum Maintenance. Be sure to vacuum daily or at least frequently as possible, to remove the dirt and odor-causing debris.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
Professional carpet cleaning is the optimal solution to defeat odors emitting in addition to removing any unsightly blemishes, stains, spots, and accumulating debris. To dramatically improve the freshness of your carpets, professional carpet cleaning is the best option. For safe and efficient carpet cleaning, call DM Carpet Cleaning and let our certified experts deliver remarkable carpet cleaning to your Georgia home. We will ensure the carpets are effectively cleaned, sanitized, and neutralized.