The warm temperatures of summer often motivate children and the inner child in most of us, to enjoy a tasty cool treat. The little popsicle stains on the carpets that inevitably appear are unsightly and even cringe worthy, but with prompt action, you can lift these stains clean off the carpets. Today, we at DM Carpet Cleaning would like to share a few solutions for popsicle carpet stains.
Please Note: It is always recommended you do a patch test in an inconspicuous location for assurance the cleaning remedy will not compromise the integrity of the carpet’s color or condition, no matter if you use a pre-made carpet stain remover or a homemade cleaner. Make sure paper towels, cloths, rags, and/or towels used in the process are plain white, or you risk transferring dye or print onto carpet.
Remove Popsicle Stains from Carpet with Hydrogen Peroxide
Grab few paper towels, cloths, and one towel, squirt bottle, and equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water. Though water diluted hydrogen peroxide does not usually impact the carpet, keep in mind hydrogen peroxide is a naturally lightening agent and can potentially lighten the carpet; be sure to especially do the patch test to be safe.
1) Make sure the equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and water is mixed well in your squirt bottle before using. There will be some fizz so be sure to allot breathing room in the squirt bottle.
2) Apply a light mist onto the popsicle stain until slightly damp, prevent over saturation. For more concentrated stains, leave the solution to soak into the stain for up to 30 minutes and minor spots leave the solution for 10-15 minutes.
3) After the allotted time, lightly mist the stain with plain water and use a damp cloth to lightly moisten the stain, the stain should be instantly lighter.
4) Blot the excess moisture out along with the popsicle residues using a white cloth. If the cloth is over-absorbed with popsicle, be sure to rinse it out in the sink and ring it out well or get another cloth.
5) With a white, is heavy pressure to blot the area to accelerate the drying process. Vacuum the area to return the fibers back to their natural texture after they are completely dry.
Oxiclean Carpet Cleaner Recipe
Do not skip the patch test and be sure to avoid Oxi-clean with bleach as that can potentially lighten your carpet. Scale according to the size of the squirt bottle if necessary; mix ½ cup Oxi-clean 16 oz water in a squirt bottle. Blot with a white cloth or paper towels after you let the solution set for 15 minutes or so. If the cloth becomes oversaturated with popsicle, be sure to rinse it out in between blotting or use a fresh cloth. Make certain to dry the area well with a clean towel and strong pressure to absorb as much moisture as possible. Vacuum once the area is fully dry.
Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
Popsicles stains that have had chance to set it can be more problematic to remove. If you are dealing with tough stains call in the experts of DM Carpet Cleaning and let our experts do the rest.