Tis the season for merriment and gift giving, homemade crafts and baking and with all the festivities and traditions; accidents and spills are sure to follow.
DM Carpet Cleaning would like to give some tips on removing holiday craft stains from carpets.
Removing Washable Paint from Carpet
– Blot all excess moisture with a paper towel. Blot from the outside in and don’t use too much pressure, as that can push the stain deeper.
– Dried paint should be scraped up as much as possible.
– In a spray bottle or container, mix 1 cup warm water 1/2 tsp. dish soap.
– Spray mixture onto the blemish, and gently work out the stain with a clean cloth. Do not scrub as this could make the mess bigger, and push the stain deeper, along with compromising the texture of the fibers.
– Repeat as necessary, until stain has been removed.
– Place a clean, old towel on top of the area, and walk on the mess, carefully walk along the area to lift up detergents and remaining stain.
– Rinse area with cool water in a spray bottle, or sponge cool water to the area, and be sure to blot thoroughly.
– If the spot should distort to a brownish color, mix 2 part water with 1 part white vinegar, and sponge the mixture onto the area, and repeat as necessary.
How to Get Glitter Glue out of Carpet
– Immediately spoon up any excess and place on a paper towel.
– First try removing any remaining glitter glue with a dampened sponge, working the exterior into the interior.
– If stain persists, apply alcohol onto a sponge, and gently work the remaining stain out.
– Repeat as needed.
– Rinse with cool water.
– Blot away excess liquid, and allow to air dry.
Cookie Icing Carpet Removal
– Avoid wiping away the excess, instead use a spoon or butter knife, and scrape away as much as possible.
– In a container or spray bottle , mix 1 part cold water 1 cup white vinegar. Make sure it is not hot water as this could set in the stain.
– Sponge the solution onto a clean cloth or sponge, and gently blot up the stain.
– Do not scrub or rub stain as this will just spread the mess out and deep.
– Blot remaining moisture with paper towels.
– Be sure to allow air dry thoroughly, and repeat if necessary.
Carpet Stain Removal Note
Before tending to the stain, always conduct a patch test in an inconspicuous area. Whether it be a store-bought, premade carpet cleaner, or a homemade mixture, test the cleaning solution to ensure it will not compromise the integrity of your carpet fibers or the color.