There are many beverages that can be spilled onto carpets, but dyed-colored drinks like Kool-aid, juice and even red wines are usually the most notorious of stains. However, parties, relaxing time, and other significant or insignificant activities commonly include beer. With the commonality of beer, it is highly likely that it will spill on the carpets easily. More often than not, beer spills can be undetected until the next day when the stains are found, and the beer stench is obvious. Professionally cleaning can easily remove the spilled beer from the carpet fibers, however, today, we at DM Carpet Cleaning would like to offer a “do it yourself” method to removing beer spills from the carpet.
Do Beer Stains Come Out of Carpet?
Follow the steps below to remove beer stains and eliminate odors.
1) Gently spray on the stained areas a well-mixed solution of warm water with a tsp dishwashing liquid.
2) Leave the mixture on the stain for about 5 minutes. Blot the area with clean, damp cloth, never scrub or rub at the stain. Rinse the cloth out you go and it absorbs the beer.
3) With an old clean towel or microfiber cloth, rinse the area well.
4) Generously sprinkle baking soda on the treated area.
5) Allow the baking soda to dry out the area and once dry, vacuum the area well in multiple directions, slowly.
How Do You Get Beer Smell Out of Carpet?
If the beer stain or smell persists, continue with the next few steps.
6) Make a solution of a cup water, 1 cup, and ½ tsp detergent. Sponge the solution on the area and blot the stain a little at a time. To avoid oversaturating the area, use a dry towel to blot in between applications until the stain is absolved.
7) Sponge the treated with cold water and blot dry to remove the solution well.
8) Moderately sprinkle baking soda on the area, not only will it help expedite the drying area, but it helps neutralize odors.
Other Tips for Removing Alcohol Stains on Carpet
There are a few things to remember when treating beer spills, and other spills as well. Make certain to treat spills immediately whenever possible. Perform a patch test on an inconspicuous area of the solutions used for cleaning the carpets. Never oversaturate the carpets or you risk water damage and mold. Make certain to use clean towels to blot the moisture out in between applications. Never use hot water, otherwise, you can set in the stain. To ensure you avoid water damage and potential mold growth, make sure you do everything possible to sop up the water and expedite the drying process.
Carpet Cleaning, Stain & Odor Removal & More in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
When you need help removing the toughest stains and stubborn odors that come with beer or other sources, call in the professionals of DM Carpet Cleaning and let us provide a deep carpet cleaning service to renew your carpets. Using advanced equipment and powerful products, our qualified professionals use their training and skills to ensure your carpets are cleaned well. Make your appointment for your carpet cleaning services today!