There are a lot of good reasons to pressure wash the surfaces around your home.
• It improves curb appeal. A clean home adds to the overall look and feel of your home.
• Increases the value of your home. A good pressure washing can increase the value of your home as much as 2-5%.
• Preventative maintenance for your home. It prevents grime and mildew from breaking down the exterior surface of your home.
• Protects against harmful bacteria. It removes accumulated dirt, grime, mildew and other bacteria.
There are also good reasons to have professional take care of the job. It may seem like an easy task, but it really isn’t.
Damage & Other Risks of DIY Pressure Washing
1. Pressure Washer Accidents. Thousands of people end up in emergency rooms every year from pressure washing mishaps. High-pressure washing cuts through various materials, even heavy work boots. Just think about what it can do to your skin if you aim the hose in the wrong direction. We all know that water and electricity do not mix. The cables on a pressure washer can develop cracks that water can get into. This is of course can lead to electric shock. Electric shock can also occur when a pressure washer isn’t plugged in into a plug that is properly grounded. The chemicals that are used in the process can also be absorbed into your bloodstream and lead to a bacterial infection.
2. Using the Wrong Pressure Washer Solution. Different surfaces require different cleaning solutions to get the job done right and to avoid any surface damage. The pros know exactly what solution to use on what surfaces. The pressure washing process alone will not do the job. The right chemicals need to be used. The pros also know how to remove particles that can’t be seen with the naked eye.
3. Pressure Washing Damage. DIYers can damage a surface easily if they don’t know what they are doing. The pros can spot problems and take extra steps to avoid any damage. They can avoid cracks in foundations, weakening siding and trim, breaking windows and will make sure your roof warranty will not become void from one little mistake.
4. Wrong Exterior Cleaning Method. There are steps that need to be done in the right order when it comes to pressure washing. If you don’t follow the steps, you will not only waste your time but your money too. You can also end up with a streaked surface if the steps aren’t completed in the right order. Remember, pressure washing isn’t as simple as it might look.
5. Too High Pressure Washing. Along with the right steps comes the right pressure. The right pressure will get the surface clean and will avoid any damage to the surface. DIYers typically guess at the correct pressure according to what they think seems right. This is a bad idea. The wrong pressure can tear screens, strip paint, damage wood, break windows, damage gutters or tear up surfaces. This can cause projectiles to go flying through the air, damaging your family, vehicles or your neighbor’s home.
Pressure Washing Services & More in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
The risks of DIY pressure washing are not worth it. Hire the professionals at DM Carpet Cleaning to clean your surfaces without damaging them. Give us a call today!