Halloween is on our doorstep. Halloween is the holiday that is meant to bring us the unexpected. We love to react unknowingly to the many surprises that await us. It might be a ghost, witch or even a zombie that comes to our homes. However well we may like it, our carpets and other fabrics in our homes hold don’t find it so appealing. With Halloween comes parties, costumes, make up, and sticky candy that can get everywhere and this is the one thing you don’t want as a surprise. DM Carpet Cleaning would like to better prepare you for this upcoming Halloween and the unfortunate surprises you may not want to face.
Removing Pumpkin Stains from Carpet
The pre-Halloween mess; the pumpkin carving party. Yes, the first mess you might find on your carpet will come from the pumpkin carving events. Pumpkin carving can get rugs and carpets stained with the inner guts of those pumpkins you try to carve into scary faces and images. Follow these steps to remove stains caused by pumpkin carving.
1. Begin by scraping any remnants from the pumpkin innards and vacuum if they are dry or remove them with a paper towel.
2. Next apply a carpet stain remover. Resolve works great. Then allow it to set for several minutes. You want to give the remover time to seep into the carpet fibers.
3. (Optional) If you’d rather, you can use liquid dish soap and water to remover the stain, it too works well. Absorb the stain with a white cloth.
4. Blot the stain with either the stain remover or liquid dish soap until the stain begins to lift.
5. Then use a warm water to wet cloth, lift and remove any cleaning solution left on the carpets.
6. If any of the stain remains, use either alcohol or vinegar to blot at the remainder of the stain.
7. Again use warm water and a cloth on top of the stain to soak up the alcohol or vinegar.
8. Finally place dry paper towels or a cloth over the wet area to absorb the remainder of the moisture in the carpet.
Removing Make-Up & Fake Blood Stains from Carpets
Removing make-up and fake blood stains from carpet needs to be done carefully. When removing these types of stains do not scrub the stain or rub in a circle. Rather go up and down and side to side. Follow these steps to remove make-up stains.
1. First remove as much of the make-up as possible. Use a white paper towel and blot gently at the stain. (Do not rub you will just spread and push the make-up deeper into the carpet.)
2. Use isopropyl alcohol and blot at the stain. Make sure you lightly use the alcohol, don’t over soak the area.
3. As long as the make-up is on the surface of the carpet you can rub it with the alcohol in one direction.
4. If any of the stain remains, use a small amount of detergent solution diluted with warm water and blot at the stain. It might be helpful to have two buckets. Use one bucket with warm water, and the other bucket with the detergent. This way you can blot the make-up and rinse it out as you go.
5. Use a spray bottle with warm water and spray at the soapy area, then use a dry cloth to blot at the wet area. Continue until the area is dried.
How to Get Sticky Candy Out of Carpets
As your little ones rush home with their door to door prizes, sometimes they get a little too excited and open too much candy. More often than not, some of it gets left behind. Now your carpet has sticky little treats all over it. Here are a few tips on how to remove the candy stains from your carpets.
1. You can use diluted rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle. If any candy is stuck to your rug or carpets, spray the alcohol directly onto the candy and slowly pull it off. For stains, you can use liquid dish or laundry detergent and apply it to the stain.
2. Next use warm water and a wet a cloth to blot out the stain. Continue to blot at the spot until the stain lifts away.
3. Use a dry cloth to absorb the moisture to help dry the area.
Carpet Cleaning & Stain Removal in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
We wish you the best of luck as Halloween approaches. Be safe as your little ones go trick or treating and keep your carpets safe from unexpected spills and stains. If you need any more assistance with your carpets, DM Carpet Cleaning is here to assist you. Contact us for all your floor and upholstery cleaning needs.