Water damage can be devastating for home and business owners. Typically the cause for water damage is sudden and unexpected. Some of the reasons why homes, businesses and other dwellings experience water damage include:
• Storm damage, floods and heavy rains
• Sprinkler malfunction
• Overflowing toilets
• Leaking or broken water heaters
• Burst pipes
• Fire damage
• Accidental running water
Extensive Water Damage – Consult a Professional
If the water damage is extensive as it most often is you will want to consult a professional to come in and do water damage restoration instead of trying to do it yourself. D & M Carpet Cleaning offers emergency water and flood damage restoration services in the Metro Atlanta area. In just days, we can help our valued customers go from total devastation back to business as usual! If you experience a flood or water damage in your home or business; don’t delay, contact us today!
Dos and Don’ts of Emergency Water Damage Response
Finding water within your home can be a frightening experience; you will be overwhelmed with a sense of loss and overcome with thoughts of costly repair bills. Fortunately, you do have some control, understanding what to do and what not to do can help the clean-up process immensely. D & M Carpet Cleaning has provided a list of “dos” and “don’ts” to help guide you when water damage first occurs in your home. First and foremost ensure everyone’s safety! Electrical concerns can be life threatening as can large amounts of water equally slippery floor surfaces.
• Do – Turn off appliances that have been affected by water or near an affected area
• Do – Attempt to mop up as much of the water as you can
• Do – Pull up rugs and mats from the floor to prevent further damage
• Do – Get your furniture off of the floor by placing it on blocks
• Do – Pick up valuables or other objects off of the floor
• Don’t – turn on any electrical appliances that have been in, near or affected by water. Allow all of your electrical products to dry properly before attempting to use them.
• Don’t – leave magazines with colored print, colored rugs or water soaked items on your carpet. These items can stain and bleed onto your flooring.
• Don’t – delay in calling for assistance. Water left to sit for as little as forty eight hours will destroy your carpet completely.
Water Damage can Lead to Dangerous Mold Growth
Water damage is the number one cause of mold growth. Mold like any other bacteria needs moisture or water to grow. By removing the moisture or water, you are stopping the mold from growing. During water damage there are three main ways for mold to develop; Moisture, food (in the case of flooding, this equates to carpet and other wet fabrics) and warm temperatures.
Professional Emergency Water and Flood Damage Restoration & More in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, Roswell, Duluth, Stone Mountain, Covington, Conyers, Loganville & Atlanta Georgia
Unfortunately, flooding and water damage can happen to anyone at any time. D & M Carpet Cleaning offers emergency water and flood damage restoration services. We know that our immediate response is imperative to the restoration service, maintaining your safety and saving your hard earned cash. Our highly trained and skilled technicians are fully equipped for water extraction, cleanup, carpet deodorizing and structural drying. In just a couple of days, we can help our valued customers go from total devastation back to business as usual! If you experience a flood or water damage in your home or business; don’t delay, contact us today!